Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What I'm Thankful For

We just finished celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, and I thought it would be a good idea to put into writing about what I'm thankful for.

1. Jesus Christ.
Just because I am a follower of Christ does not make me perfect. As a matter of fact, as I try to live my life according to His standards I find myself lacking in so many parts and find myself as far away from perfection as one can be. That's why I'm thankful for Jesus, because I am found perfect in Him by Almighty God. Even though I mess up, and miss the mark time and time again, I experience His grace in my life.

2. My Wife.
My whole family was at my parents house in Calgary this weekend for Thanksgiving. I am staying here all week for a church planting summit in Calgary while my wife and kids left yesterday to go back home to Medicine Hat. My wife is my biggest supporter, and I really miss her right now.

3. My Kids.
I have the great opportunity of working from home. Because of that, I get to be around my kids a lot. Even though they go to school, I am at home when they come home, and most of the time I get to go and pick them up. My two boys are like bear cubs that play hard with each other, but they love each other dearly, love their family and their friends. Our oldest is in kindergarten and has WAY too many girlfriends.

4. For what God is doing.
I am definitely experiencing the grace of God right now in how the church we are planting is coming together. We now have about 20 people together for Bible Study and will have to split it up into 2 home groups next week or the week after. We also started our College Ministry at Medicine Hat College last Friday with six students.

5. Our Sponsor Churches
Without the financial, and volunteer support of our sponsor churches and the North American Mission Board, we would not be able to accomplish what is being done up here right now.

6. Deep Fried Turkey
I had a turkey deep fryer in Texas, but the pot produced a pinhole, so we got rid of it. I went out on Thursday on bought a deep fryer, and we deep fried a turkey up here in Calgary and roasted one also. The deep fried turkey did not make it back to the refrigerator, so we are left eating a whole roasted turkey for the rest of the week.

7. Having American Friends and Family
My wife is American and both kids are dual citizens, and that means we get to do this all over again next month with our American friends!

No comments: