Saturday, June 9, 2007

Camp

We just got back from youth camp, God was good! I was able to teach a class on how to share your faith. I called it Effective Evangelism. It was a combination of 2 different evangelism programs I have used in the past. Anyway, last year only 30 people took the class, this year 90 people took my class and 1 person actually got saved in my class! It was awesome! Anyway, I got to meet the new pastor at Grangerland Baptist Church. His name is Jay Macintosh. God has burdened his heart for Canada. He preached at Bow Valley Baptist Church in Cochrane, about 12 years ago, and he is ready to bring a mission up to Medicine Hat next summer to help us.

I had one downside to camp. This past school year I went to three schools each week to have lunch with the kids; one of the girls that goes to one of the schools was in my family group at camp. She told me that one of the boys I ministered to hung himself this past week. The only comfort I got was that she confirmed to me that he did get a Gospel tract from me.

Kids today are going through hell. They are over sexed, over stimulated and totally misunderstood. Leigh found this great video on KSBJ, we like it so much, mostly because it resembles through a dance/skit what our teenagers are going through right now.

I hope you enjoy it, and maybe shed some light onto why we are so determined to share the Gospel in a country where 94% to 97% of the people do not have a relationship with Jesus Christ.


1 comment:

Ellen said...

Good to hear that camp went well! That's wild about the connection to Cochrane! Can we say 'confimation'?!!!
Wow, what a powerful drama!
Continuing to pray...