Friday, June 29, 2007

Look What God's Doing

All I can say is WOW! OK, so this is what is going on. Last week I received my official acceptance letter from the Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary. I had to re-apply because I have been out for more than 3 years. Yesterday we received our address to our new house! We will have a kitchen view of the Canadian Rocky Mountains! Also yesterday I received a phone call from Ken Oates, the Missions Pastor from West Rome Baptist Church, in Rome Georgia. They will be flying me to Georgia pretty soon to meet the staff and the elders of the church. He told me that from everything he has heard about me, that Leigh and I are the people for the job in Medicine Hat. Now that is a humbling statement. To think that God would use us - two ordinary people- to start the first Southern Baptist work in Medicine Hat. We are excited, nervous, scared, joyful and humbled all at the same time. So when I get to Georgia, I get to also go to an XL service. XL is their church plant in Rome, GA that meets on Sunday Nights and is focused directly to unchurched people - the same kind of people we will be ministering to in the Hat. Have I already said that we are excited? I have been listening to XL podcasts since April and have seen many of their sermons on Youtube. Tallking about Youtube, here is their first sermon from their man series. Hope you like it.

No comments: