Monday, July 30, 2007

My Last Preteen Camp at Pineywoods

I got back home from Preteen camp about 4:00 pm Saturday and I was totally wiped. This was the largest and smoothest run preteen camp we have ever seen, and what God did there was amazing! Out of 1700 campers the only injuries on the rec field were: a stubbed toe, a scraped knee, a rolled ankle, and a broken nose. We saw hundreds of kids come to Christ and another church has stepped up to the plate to bring missionaries to Canada next summer! Splendora First Baptist Church!

At the end of camp, I was given one of the 5' x 5' banners from camp. People from Tryon Evergreen Baptist Association and all the preteen camp staff signed it for me. This will be a keepsake forever. Two pastors wrote some very encouraging things on the banner for me about my leadership and my ministry in the past 2 years.

Kerry Baxley, the pastor of FBC Splendora, told me on the way home from camp that I would never know the impact I had made on Splendora ISD. He told me that all of his kids in youth know who I am - Mr. Thursday - and they know that I did magic tricks in order to share the Gospel.

As I have been evaluating my ministry here for the past 2 years, I was truly wondering if I was making an impact. I believe that God showed me my answer - and the answer is yes.

I am going to miss preteen camp dearly. The planning meetings are almost as fun as the camp itself. To all of you who have invested in my life in the past 2 years, thank you. Leigh and I will miss you greatly.

No comments: