Friday, August 3, 2007

FBC Splendora

So, we are on vacation and I thought it would be nice to visit another church for a change. On Wednesday I called my friend, Kerry Baxley, the pastor at FBC Splendora and told him that we were going to be there that evening. He told me that was great and that I would be sharing the message. He wanted me to tell the church what God is doing with us and Medicine Hat. So three hours later I was speaking at FBC Splendora - on a Wednesday night. One of my girls from Elite Fleet was there along with the expected attendance on a Wednesday night. Why is it that in a Baptist church everybody sits from the back forward? After I spoke, Kerry told Leigh and I to go to the back an open our Bibles and he then told the church to prepare a love offering. We want to thank FBC Splendora for the wonderful gift that we were in no way expecting. It was the biggest love offering I have ever received for preaching - and it was on a Wednesday night!

We also met a couple in the church that went to Canada years ago to work on the Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary's building.

Praise God for what He is doing in and through FBC Splendora, and thank you so much for wanting to partner in mission with us in Canada. To view FBC Splendora's website click here.

No comments: