Monday, January 21, 2008

God's Provision Is Amazing

What a day! On Thursday we had heavy flurries that made it look like blizzard conditions outside and on Friday we had heavy snow (about half a foot). My tires were pretty bald so Saturday morning I put 4 new tires on our van. New all-season tires sure feel good on snowy roads compared to bald tires. This morning I woke up to -20 Celsius with a wind chill factor that brought it down to -40 on the hill this morning. The wind was so strong and bitter that it felt like it was going to rip my face off. My wife noticed that one of our brand new tires was flat, so my neighbour blew it up for me and we took the van back and they fixed the tire by noon.

At 2:00 I went to the Canadian Convention of Southern Baptists today to talk with our tax expert about ministerial housing allowance and after I finished with that the lead man for church planting in Canada told me to come back in an hour because my Nehemiah Project Director would be there and he wanted to talk to me. So I went back an hour later and waited, and waited and waited. Then one lady who works there told me that there are 2 Baptist Associations in Wyoming that want to partner with me. There will be 2 DOM's and 3 pastors coming up from Wyoming to see what God is doing up here and will meet with me in March. Then my Nehemiah Director met with me and told me that the head of church planting saw my tires on Friday and that God laid it on his heart to pay for my tires. What else can one say besides, thank you God.

God's grace is exactly that - getting what I don't deserve. I know me, and I know how imperfect I am and that I don't deserve somebody else paying for my tires, but God knows what we need and He loves us. This blog is all about what God is doing with us, not what we are doing for God and I hope that you, the reader, will come to the conclusion that God desires a relationship with you. Christianity is not what we can get from God or what we can manipulate God into giving and doing for us, but it is a love relationship based on mercy and grace. So I am praising God not only for who He is, but also for what He is doing.

1 comment:

Hayley said...

I know you got my e-mail about you guys being in exactly the place where God wants you! How awesome it is to see more proof of that! God does provide for our every need! And like I said in my e-mail, "Small world. Big God."

By the way, we've had REALLY cold temperatures here too. It was in the 20s here on Saturday night. Brrrr--Texas style!