Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My Last Night for Nightshift

I go into work tonight at 10:30 pm for the last night. Working nights goes quickly, but it leaves one feeling extremely tired, and my memory has started to go. Working nights is not healthy for the body, mind, soul or spirit and I have resolved never to work nights again unless I absolutely have to.

The main thing I have learned about working night shift is just how important family is. I have missed my family terribly. Sure, I'm at home during the day, but am in a comatose state and when I'm awake I feel like I have been bitten by some zombie. So tonight I am not going to push myself at work, I am going to come home, have a nice cup of tea with my wife and go to bed at 7:00 am for the last time (hopefully). Now I can enjoy my family and begin to enjoy life much more.

No comments: