Thursday, June 5, 2008

Deeper Respect

God has a way of opening my eyes to who Jesus is every day, and how Jesus lived while He was on earth. As I walk with the people Jesus would have walked with and loved on, I realize, not in my head, but in my heart, how deeply Jesus loves people. As I minister to people whose families have been riddled with the deep penetrating bullets of sin, I have a deeper respect for Jesus as He said, "Your sins are forgiven - go and sin no more." He didn't tell us to sin no more because we need to get better at not sinning, he told us to sin no more so our lives don't look like a used up target at the rifle range. These were the people who Jesus chose to walk with, to eat with, to share life with, and to give His life away for. I love doing what I do because it makes me live like Jesus, and it makes me love like Jesus, and that is a hard thing to do - walking through the muck and the mire of sin to bring the self sacrificing love of Jesus Christ to people who may end up saying no.

No comments: