Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Reflections

I have been re-reading our brochures today and I am so excited that part of our vision is beginning to happen!

1. Pathway will be an active positive influence in Medicine Hat. We will be heavily involved in community service to show the people of Medicine Hat a tangible expression of the love of Christ.

I have mowed lawns, built fences, done other yard work and West Rome Baptist Church and I just finished volunteering at Spectrum this past weekend where the festival had the largest turnout ever at 47,700 people. Now I am preparing to help volunteer with the Canada Day Celebrations with Medicine Hat with our mission team from Louisiana. I asked my new friend, Don, if I could use him as a reference when I sent a volunteer email to the Canada Day board for Medicine Hat, and he knows the guy personally who heads it off and will give us a glowing report. I am also wanting to help out with the Alberta Summer Games in August.

2. Pathway will be a safe place to investigate who Jesus Christ is and will also be a safe place to grow in a relationship with Jesus Christ.

We are starting a Bible Study tomorrow with a family who is disconnected from Christ and they asked if they could come to Bible study with us! God is good! This family must feel safe to ask to come to a stranger's house to read the Bible when it is not part of their daily lives.

No comments: