Friday, March 28, 2008

God, Mental Illness, And Evangelism

If you have been keeping up with our blog, you would have seen that we met Margaret a while ago. She has a son who has a mental illness and is having a hard time with it. He is not a Christian and neither is she. Tonight I went to Tim Horton's. I drove to my usual one and it was packed - not the restaurant, but the parking lot. It's playoffs and people will park anywhere close to see the Tigers win. So I went to Tim Horton's downtown. I over heard two men talking about being born again, church, the problems with church and so on - so I decided to join them.

It turns out that they are both Believers that have the same mental illness that Margaret's son has. They both go to church, but they are really interested in coming to a Bible Study at Rick's house tomorrow.

Even though, Margaret is not yet coming to Bible study, my prayer is that we can get these two gentlemen in touch with her son seeing that all three of them have something in common. I thank God for working in ways that I could never imagine Him doing and putting people in my path the only way He can.

No comments: