Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What A Day

What a day I had today. I left on the bus from Medicine Hat this morning and the bus was late getting in. Well, why wouldn't it be, I only had a test to do today. My sister was waiting in the truck for me with a subway sandwich ready for me to eat. By the time we got to Cochrane, we found out that the road that goes to the seminary was closed due to a bad accident, so we had to go arround. So as we went around the accident on a different road, we saw why the road needed to be closed. It wasn't a pretty sight. I realized then that if the bus would have been on time, I most likely wouldn't be writing this right now, I could be very well relaxing in a morgue.

I got to the seminary 15 minutes late, but still in time to write my test - got a 100%. Then my brother picked me up. I don't get to see him much since he is an over the road trucker. He was down in Texas last week and picked up some American cigarettes for one of his neighbours. His neighbour was outside playing basketball on the street when we were coming home. His name is Tanner and has had some bouts with the law. We all got to talking and of course he asked me what I did for a living, and I told him I was a church planter. When he asked me to expound, I told him exactly what I did and I found out that he has been going to church on and off during the past few months. I even got to share the Gospel with him, and gave him a brochure on our church (which also has the Gospel message in it) and I saw him take it to his girlfriend and open it up and start talking to her about Jesus! God is just too cool.

No comments: