Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Blogging From The iphone

This has been one of the busiest weeks of my life. Last Wednsday I wrote my math midterm. Since I haven't done this type of math for 15 years, I spent a lot of time preparing for it. It was a mentally draining week on top of that I did 4 Bible studies and a LOT of counseling. The highlight of the week is that Bryan, one of the coolest plumbers I've ever met, became a follower of Jesus Christ this week!

God has has been showing me a lot this week, especially with the majority of the people in town who do not know Jesus yet. A friend of mine who is searching for God came to church a few weeks ago with some other friends of mine, and he later told me that he has never been so scared in his life because he thought everybody was looking at him and judging him because he didn't know what to do. If this happened to my friend, how often does this happen to the average person, and is the one of the major contributing factors to them not starting a relationship with Christ?

So, we will be totally redisigning the website to make it attractive to a 25 year old male who could care less about church and church service will make a contemporary worship service seem ultra-traditional. We are learning that in Medicine Hat it is hard to start a church with home groups, but people who don't attend church would feel more comfortable going to a church service than a home group, mostly because for the non Christian a home group seems cultish. So we will be doing church services that will be attract the 20 something male who has no interest in going to church, but will give him the desire to follow Christ.

No comments: