Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Musings on Faith

Faith is something I've been musing over for the past while. Being a broke seminary student trying to support my family while following Jesus on the adventure of a lifetime is quite the roller coaster ride. There is definitely some amazing highs, but the free fall turns your stomach into knots, and then back up the track you go. As you have read previously this month, God had provided us with a van we have been praying for, but just like Elijah, after a great spiritual high, there comes a low. During my musings, I think I realized why God lets us do the free fall in the roller coaster car - to grasp tightly onto Him! God is teaching us more and more, it's not what I am going to do in Medicine Hat, it is what Christ wants to do through me, and He can't work through me if I am not grasping onto Him. In my weakness He is strong. The last thing I want is for people to come to church because Jason is the pastor. I want people to come to church because Jesus loves them immensely, and Jesus loves them through Jason. Even though the roller coaster ride can be frightening, I always seem to hear, "Fear Not, I am with you." Remember, when the roller coaster is going down - Jesus hasn't forsaken you, He's telling you to hold on to Him. Faith is hoping against all hope, and trusting against all odds and trusting because Jesus told you to. Giving the reigns to Jesus sometimes isn't comfortable, but it is definitely worth it!

1 comment:

Mesh said...

hello, when are you moving down, where will the church be located, do you guys know anyone in Medicine Hat. My wife and I moved to the Hat in July in faith, I have been in ministry for 11 years, I took some time off, and we felt like God was saying move out east, we where living in Calgary. Anyways long story, I have joined Medicine Hat alliance as an associate pastor. I start December 1. Just wanted to say hello and welcome, if you want to go for a coffee when you are settled in let me know, blessings.

Mesh

meshola@shaw.ca