Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Chariots of Fire Christianity

Watch the clip



God created you to glorify Him, and He wants you to do that while having a relationship with Him. He created you with your own personality, your own interests and desires, and God wants you to glorify Him with those. Your desires and interests are most likely different than mine, and quite honestly it scares me when Christians look like clones of each other. God created you to be unique just like everybody else. So how do we take the desires, the dreams, and the personality that God gave us and use it to glorify Him? Hebrews 12:1 tells us:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

We need to turn from our sin and put our focus on Jesus. My race may be different from yours. My favorite thing to do is to tell people about Jesus - that is what I love to do; it's my passion and my desire. My friend Terry Cooper in Cut N' Shoot, TX is a biker. He LOVES his Harley - he even let me sit on it once. He and his wife love riding on his bike. For a few years they were even part of a Biker Ministry where they rode with the Bandidos and shared the Gospel with them. The cool thing about it is they were able to talk to more people about Jesus on the trips to biker rallies than at the actual biker rallies themselves.

Maybe you like to paint, maybe you like computer programing or web design. Maybe you like to act or sing or play sports, but as you are on your journey with God, shed the sin that so easily entangles and put your focus on Jesus Christ, then as you fulfill your passion, joy will come as you feel God's pleasure on you.

"Jennie...I believe God made me for a purpose. He also made me FAST. And when I run, I feel His pleasure..." - Eric Liddel, Chariots of Fire (1981)

No comments: