Saturday, February 16, 2008

2 SALVATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you prayed for Rick from my previous blog I want to thank you. I went and had breakfast with him at Zellers this morning. I got to know a lot about him and his family, then he invited me over to his house to meet his wife. I told him I would be there later in the day because Leigh and the kids were at the mall and we wanted to get Riley's hair cut and do some shopping. We got home about 11:45 and had lunch, and I called Rick about 1:30 this afternoon. His wife answered and I asked if I could still come over and she replied with an excited yes! As she was hanging up I heard her say to Rick, "The pastor's coming over now."

I brought my Bible - just in case and we talked and had coffee for about half an hour then I asked if they would like to do a Bible study some time. They told me they would like that and we started the Book of John today. One thing led to another and I ended up sharing the Gospel with both of them and both accepted right there. The coolest thing happened when Rick prayed. He said, "God, I'm sorry for the way I have lived, I am now ready to live for you, will you please make me a better person." I told him and his wife Margaret that God doesn't want to make them better people, He wants to make them new people. Then both Margaret and I saw Rick's yellow eyes from years of drinking turn clear, and that's when he said, "I feel like there is a river running through me." Now Rick is wanting to bring his friends over to his place for Bible study next week. Praise God!

2 comments:

Steph Boyd said...

WOOOOOOOWWWWWW! So Awesome! That's what we live for, man! Way to go! I so admire your initiative, follow-through and reading and praying with them right on the spot! You rock! I'm on your prayer team, by the way!

Ellen said...

this is awesome!!! wow! God is so good and it's so cool to see prayers answered like that!!! I'll continue to pray. I know you are so encouraged as you begin ministry there. Please pray for Glen and Tara who get married on March 8. He is not a believer. How awesome if he would be a Christian on their wedding day and get this marriage started as it should be!?