Monday, February 18, 2008

Life With A Four Year Old

I needed a break today because I am working on a presentation for the spiritual formation of families, so I thought I would walk on down to the Greyhound and buy my bus ticket for tomorrow. I already went this morning to drop off a library book and the Greyhound was only a block away, but they were closed until 11:00 am this morning because it is Family Day. When I got home I put my shoes with everybody else's shoes by the back door. All I wanted to do was to put my shoes on and go to the Greyhound, but my shoes seemed to mysteriously disappear. I looked in the bathroom which is by the back entrance, I looked in the living room, I looked in the kitchen, I looked in the bedrooms, I looked downstairs and I was about to look outside. I asked Riley where my shoes were, but he wasn't going to tell me. My wife asked if I'd checked the washer. Apparently I'm not that smart because any logical person would have checked the washer first. Leigh was doing a load of wash and we figure that Riley thought my shoes were a little dirty. So now I am going to postpone my walk to Greyhound for another hour as my shoes dry. So just a word to others out there who have a four year old, if you can't find your shoes, check the washer.

No comments: