Friday, February 15, 2008

Bus Trip To Medicine Hat

I take the bus from Medicine Hat to Cochrane in order to finish my education. The round trip ticket is so inexpensive that I can't even drive it for what I pay for a ticket. Anyway I left Calgary last night around 8:00 and that's when I met Rick. Rick lives in Medicine Hat and went to Calgary for some heart tests because Medicine Hat's machine was down for service. Rick is about 55-60 years old and looks well weathered to say the least. You can tell his nose has been broken multiple times and when he spoke the "f" word was every second or third word out of his mouth. After about an hour and a half of conversation he asked me what I did for a living and I told him I was a pastor who was starting a brand new church in Medicine Hat. That got him excited and I am having coffee with him tomorrow morning at 9:00 am. Please pray that I can clearly share the Gospel with Rick and that we can meet some more.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

this is neat, Jason! Know that you're in my prayers!
Good to hear from Leigh the other day. Erin and little Elizabeth are doing well. We had home group over there tonite.

Nick said...

Great stuff Jason. I've prayed for Rick.