Saturday, April 12, 2008

Humbled

I finished one of my assignments today for my Joshua class and thought that it would be nice to take a break - so I walked on down to Tim Horton's. I got a large double double and a Canadian maple (I had free roll up the rims for both), then I proceeded to walk to the other end of the restaurant which was empty. Medicine Hat is the sunniest city in Canada and today was no exception - a nice 75 degree day with full sunshine coming straight through the glass windows at Tim Horton's. I knew that if I sat there, not only would I burn my head, but I would also probably blind everybody is the store, so I went to the other side and found a table that had a news paper. As I was reading the news paper, there was a young couple beside me and she was telling her boyfriend that tough guys where pink. If you know me, you know that I don't know when to shut up and I replied to her, "Well I guess I'm out of luck then." Both her and her boyfriend started to laugh and they invited me to their table.

We started to talk and I noticed that he had a wooden cross around his neck, so I told him that was a nice cross and asked where he got it. Well that conversation led to me being able to share my testimony with them. I let them know that I was a pastor and now I am a church planter and I have been on both sides of the pulpit. I told them that I love Christians but I can't stand religious people. That opened them up even more and I let them know that we will be doing a lot of house churches that meet corporately. They took a brochure and my business card.

I am humbled that God would intersect my life with theirs. I am humbled that God would even use me. I just want to thank Jesus that He would use a very imperfect person to share His perfect plan of salvation in a city where over 90% of the people don't know Him.

No comments: