Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Yesterday

I took the greyhound yesterday (Monday) for the last time to Calgary!!!! I usually leave on Tuesday mornings, but because the roads are bad, I thought I'd leave on Monday so I would be sure to be on time for school on Tuesday. I took the 1:55 afternoon bus, and boy was it packed.

I sat at the very back since it was so full and there was 3 young women and one of their boyfriends, just touring Canada on the bus. They all wanted to talk so we talked. Then I saw one of the ladies open a book, and it looked like Hebrew inside. So I asked her if she was reading Hebrew literature - and lo and behold she was reading the Koran.

I have never read the Koran before and she let me read it. Wow. The first page talks about Jews and Christians and some other religion that starts with an "S", and how Allah is very upset with them. I tried reading more, and it definitely does not read like the Bible. It is very choppy - at least in the first book that I read.

Anyway my new Muslim friend, Filson, and I began to talk more about our beliefs. We had a great time and one of the other young ladies was right into listening to us. I never knew that talking to a Muslim could be so much fun. Anyway, Muslims believe that Jesus is a prophet and nothing more. They respect Him as a prophet, but he is one of the minor ones. I asked her if she followed the Law of Moses, and she does. I told her that Moses says that all false prophets are to be stoned, and to tell if one is a false prophet - He just needs to give one false prophecy. Jesus never claimed to be a prophet - He claimed to be God and the Son of God.

Filson knew the Bible a little bit. She was born a Muslim and has Ethiopian ancestory, but was baptized a Catholic so she could go to a Catholic school, but practices Islam.

Filson does not believe that Jesus is God, and she doesn't understand how we as Christians can believe in 3 Gods in 1. She said, "That doesn't make sense." I told her to take a look at water - solid, liquid, gas - but still one hundred percent water. "Good point says our other friend."

"Well Jesus was just plain weird - talking about drinking His blood and such." Filson said. I told her the story behind it and that Jesus was celebrating the Passover with His disciples - then I had to give her the story of Passover, and then how that applies to Jesus Christ and His blood.

I feel so sad for my new Muslim friend, because she told me that she has no guarantee of salvation, in which I have since Jesus Christ payed my penalty.

Please pray for me new Muslim friend, Filson, and all the others that heard the Gospel yesterday that they would experience the Salvation Christ has to offer.

No comments: