Sunday, July 6, 2008

Big Day Today

I am writing this post at 8:00 am Sunday Morning. Today is going to be a busy day. I start off by preaching at Temple Baptist at 10:00 am, and then at 1:00 pm we start hosting our block party. We have got hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, pop, water and sno-cones to give out to people. We also have door prizes too. In the last 3 days we have had over 340 hits on our website 4 phone calls and 2 people on the street tell us that they are coming and bringing people. This is my very first block party and I hope it turns out to be a great success. I gave our mission team the day off yesterday, I have been working them a little too hard and I need them to be totally recuperated for today's block party. Today's block party is going to happen at Strathcona Island park where they have a place where we can cook, 2 play grounds and a water playground. It is a very well known park and many people come and visit. It is also on the Trans Canada trail, so in the 3 hours of our block party we will have about 50-100 people also walk past the park.

In another week and a half we have our last mission team coming from Anna, Illinois. Please pray for them, their names are Davy Miller, Beth Perry, Dexter and Susan Rhodes. Please continue to pray for our mission team from Sulphur, LA, I can see that God is using them greatly here in Medicine Hat.

No comments: