Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fishing

My brother came down from Calgary on Friday night and I took Saturday off of work. Last night I realized that I worked 13 days straight and boy am I feeling it now. So I thought it would be good yesterday to take my kid brother fishing in the South Saskatchewan River. We walked from my house to the river at 6:30 am and by 6:40 we had our lines in the water and by 6:50 I already landed 3 fish, one gold eye, and 2 walleyes. The gold eye was too small to keep, but we brought the two walleyes home and filleted those bad boys and fried them up, they were pretty good. We went back later that morning and he caught another walleye. I'm going to cast my line in the river later tonight and see if I can get anymore, I'm really hoping to catch a sturgeon; it's against the law to keep them, but the small ones are 3 feet long and the South Saskatchewan has about 10,000 of them.

No comments: