Thursday, July 24, 2008

God Things At The Stampede

Today was our second day working at Stampede and God is doing some cool things. We have befriended 6 police officers in the past two days and we were able to get a group picture. Later on Pastor Davy and I were handing out water bottles to the ATB girls at the information center and they asked us if we knew if there was a child find center at Stampede. We didn't know so we went and asked our police friends and they said there would be one next year and asked us if we would run it. Wow! Talk about building trust relationships.

The Vice President of the Stampede came by tonight about 10 minutes before we closed up shop and asked our mission team from IL if they were going to come back next year. This is huge! We are first time volunteers and God is letting us build these trust relationships.

We saw Addy today. Addy is a friend of ours that I first met at Spectrum, then again at Canada Day and today she gave me a big huge hug. She told me that she is working Alberta Summer Games and I asked if I could join her. She is ecstatic, so in 2 weeks I get to work with Addy again.

God is doing some cool stuff right now.

No comments: