Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'll Fly Away

Last week we bought a nice gazebo that we have been eying at Superstore and it finally came down to a price that was too hard to refuse. We were able to buy the 10x10 gazebo and 2 36" glass patio tables for about $175. We have enjoyed our gazebo and it has been a place for me to work when the kids get too rowdy and a place where Leigh and I could go after the kids went to bed, just for us to have some time alone.

Well, as we were distributing our block party invitations today it got a little windy. We came home after walking through the neighbourhood for about 3 hours and had a nap. When I woke up I saw our beloved gazebo on the other side of the back yard. It looked like it put up a noble fight, but alas, it breathed its last. I had the unbearable duty of dismantling our new bought friend and realizing that it was mangled beyond recognition. I don't think it is a coincidence that I am preaching on storing up treasures in heaven and not on earth where moth and rust destroy. Good bye our beloved gazebo.

No comments: